lördag 14 februari 2015

DIY Ping Pong Camera Slider

I took a day of building robots to try a project I have been thinking of for a while.
I built a DIY Camera slider last summer when I was filming on a BMX racing documentry.
It worked very good but I always wanted it to be motorized. It's not that hard to ad a motor and a belt, but I wanted it to have a "Ping Pong" mode so that it doesn't burn a motor if you don't stop it in time.
I bought a geared 5RPM motor, a timing belt, a few small bearings, a terminal block and two switches on Ebay and made a try. I had no idea what speed I should have on the motor and when I made the first test I realised that it's a bit slow (as can be seen in the video clip below). next step is to buy a faster motor and a motor controller.


Slider with timing belt


A geared 5rpm motor, end switch a terminal block and  lot of cables.
I need to clean up the installation now that I know that it works.


A short video demo




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar