måndag 5 januari 2015

Heads and clothes

A first date is not complete without the people. In this case me and what will be my wife is represented by 1:6 scale actionfigure stand-ins. I bought cheap well articulated actionfigure bodies from Ebay, even if its tempting to try to make my own actionfigure body it has to wait for another project.
I started with my own face, I made the head sculpt with Supersculpey and tried to make the haircut I had at that date back in 2005. I'm going for a semi realistic look with a comicbook touch... 




Step two, Smooth-on silicone mold and Smooth-cast 310 urethane plastic casting.
I will sand the casting before coloring it.




Same step with the Johanna head.




On my own small self there is a lot of complicated clothes to be made. I made decent attempt on the shirt, I might try to cast some small buttons and some other small details but I like the fit.
The Cheap Monday slim jeans was a lot harder. I made every part of the jeans correct to the original. but I have to rework my design a little because right now he can't sit without having his ass hanging out... It takes me about 5-6 hours to make a pair of jeans, so before making a new attempt I have to save up some more patience. But in the mean time I have a pullover, a black tie and a parkas jacket to keep me busy.




I was thinking about making my own Converse shoes, but decided to leave that for another project. I bought shoes and stockings from E-bay. But I made the dark blue shorts, I had to rework my design a few times to make them look right even when sitting down (I've learnt my lesson). I might still do some small changes or add details but over all I'm happy with how they look. I'm also working on the clothes for her top, but is still looking for the right fabrics.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar